I love using my crystals and I can’t wait to share everything about how I use my crystals.
But before we dive into this, I would like to share how I cleanse my crystals before using them. It is important to cleanse and charge your crystals not only if you would like to use them for making your own crystal water but also to cleanse them from old or negative energies and recharge again.
I usually clean my crystal with either water or sage and palo santo. Every full moon I put them outside to cleanse and recharge them. But there are many other ways to cleanse them.
- Salt Water: Soak your crystals in a salt bath (there are a few exceptions that aren’t supposed to be put into water such as selenite for example)
- Running water: Hold your crystal in the flow of running water
- Sound: Use sound healing to cleanse your crystals. You could clap, play a singing bowl near them, ring a bell, or play a repeating om sound (e.g. youtube or spotify)
- Incense: Cleanse your crystals in the smoke of sage
- Sunshine: Place your crystals outside in the direct sunlight
- Moonlight: Place your crystals outside during the full moon
- Earth: Put your crystals in the soil for about 24 hours
- Clear Quartz: Place your crystal on a cluster or geode of clear quartz
Once you cleansed your crystals you’re ready to program them.
Programming your crystals is important if you want to work with them (e.g. for meditation or manifestation). If you bring a new crystal into your home you want to make sure to give it a job. You don’t need to program all of your crystals, they already hold their specific energy. However, if you want to work on certain purposes programming your crystals is a helpful tool and it’s also pretty simple. Your intention should follow the natural energy of the crystal. For example, if you’re manifesting self love, I suggest choosing a rose quartz. Some crystals are multipurpose and can be programmed for basically everything.
Now let’s talk about how to program your crystal.
- Cleanse your crystal. I usually sage my crystal before programming it.
- Find a quiet place, take your crystal and just sit with it. Watch it, feel it and take a few deep and intentionally breaths.
- Get clear about your intention.
- Hold your crystal in your hands and tell it your intention. You could use phrases like: I program you for… I charge you with my intention to… I also like to thank it. Thank you for bringing me… Thank you for helping me with….
- Sit with your crystal for a bit and take a couple of deep breaths.
That’s already it, it’s that simple.
Last but not least, programming your crystals is my personal choice. If you don’t feel called to it, don’t do it. Whenever I want to manifest something, it helps me to program a crystal and carry it with me. It’s like a friendly reminder of what I want to manifest into my life. I also feel more connected to the crystal once I programmed it.
Hope this helps! Share your experiences with me! Tag me in your Instastory (@nataliasyoga), send me a DM or leave me a comment! I love hearing from you!